Sunday 5 February 2012

LESSON 3


In this double lesson we started with a slow motion knock-out where we had to concentrate on the points of impact and had to really concentrate of facial expressions because our movements were much slower. For this sketch I worked with Pheobe and Molly.  We created a short scene with Pheobe coming up to Molly and I and punching us in the face unexpectedly.  The scene continues with Molly and I winning against her.  I liked how Molly and I made the exact same movements at the same time.  When we watched the others perform I thought Danny and Liz did a good job as Danny really emphasized her facial expressions and they made sure their points of impact were in the right place
After this game we started our Australian advert.  In our adverts we had to create a sketch on encouraging tourists to visit Australia.  For this scene I worked with Rachel, will and max. 
The focus of the lesson was to really emphasize the culture of Australia in a short advert.  For our advert we created a situation with an Australian interviewer interviewing tourists on Australia Day and asking them what they liked about the country and why they would come back again.
The aim of the slow-mo game was to really emphasize our movements and to stop ourselves from laughing as people’s expressions were really funny.  The purpose of the second activity was similar to the typical Australian sketch we did in Lesson 1 which I found helped in this exercise.
In the advert scene we didn’t make much progress in this lesson but we have all the ideas in our heads ready for next time.  I liked how we used freeze-frames when I interviewed different people because this made sure that the audience noticed the people questioned were from all different cultures.
I think we successfully reached our goal for the slow-mo but not as much for the advert.  I think  this is because I find it easier working with friends.   I am going to suggest to the group next lesson that someone else should be the interviewer for the advert because I am not a true Australian.  Going back to the slow-mo sketch I think some groups could improve by not laughing in the middle of the sketch unless they are doing it in slow motion.

research 
 video i saw on the tv advertising australia


No comments:

Post a Comment